Are you looking for an easy and affordable way to transform your planter box? Look no further than LiquidRubber Waterproof Sealant! Liquid rubber is a versatile material that can be used to coat and protect surfaces, making them waterproof and durable. In this article, we'll look at how you can use liquid rubber to waterproof your planter box and make it look like new while also protecting it against the elements, like UV rays, extreme weather and water ingress. It’s actually fairly easy to make your planter waterproof. Here’s what you need to know to get started and get the job done right!
What is Liquid Rubber Coating?
Liquid rubber coating is a liquid form of rubber that can be applied to a variety of surfaces and objects, including using it to waterproof planter boxes. The rubber forms a protective layer over the surface and provides a waterproof seal. It’s easy to apply and you’d be surprised at how fast you can revamp wood and protect it from the elements.
Liquid rubber is a popular choice for many DIY home improvement projects because it is easy to apply and does not require any special skills or equipment. It is also very affordable and can be found at most hardware stores (or you can order it online and have it shipped directly to your front door). It’s also VOC-free, nontoxic and safe for your pets and the environment!
Waterproofing Your Planter
Using liquid rubber to transform your planter box is a simple and affordable way to give it a new look and increase its durability and longevity. This process can be done in a few hours and requires minimal supplies. With the right materials and a bit of patience, you can easily transform your planter box into something chic and stylish.
Supplies You’ll Need
Before you begin, you will need to gather the supplies necessary to apply liquid rubber to your planter box.
The supplies you will need include:
- LiquidRubber Waterproof Sealant
- Clean cloth
- Masking tape
Applying Liquid Rubber Coating
- Start by preparing the surface of the planter box. Use sandpaper to rough up the surface and remove any dirt or debris.
- Once the surface is prepared, use a clean cloth to wipe it down and remove any dust or dirt.
- Apply a thick layer of liquid rubber to the planter box using a paintbrush. Make sure to cover the entire surface. We advise at least 2-3 heavy coats for optimal waterproofing.
- Allow the liquid rubber to dry for at least 24 hours.
- Once the liquid rubber has dried, apply a second and third coat if desired.
- Once the liquid rubber is completely dry, use masking tape to cover any areas that you don’t want to be painted.
- Apply a coat of paint to the planter box.
- Allow the paint to dry for at least 24 hours.
- Once the paint is dry, remove the masking tape.
- You are now ready to enjoy your newly transformed planter box!
With the right materials and a bit of patience, you can easily transform your planter box and make it look like new. So, what are you waiting for? Gather your supplies and get started!
Need Even More Tips on DIY Home Improvement?
We’re here to help you by providing tips for all of your home improvement DIY project needs. Take a look at a few related guides we’ve published to see what other projects we can help you get done faster. Read More Articles About Liquid Rubber.
Liquid Rubber is the preferred solution for many homeowners and DIY enthusiasts, with easy-to-apply products and video tutorials that help you get the best results. Browse our online catalog to see our products, and easily order all the supplies we've featured here.