Have you been wanting to give your outdoor deck a much-needed makeover? With just a can of waterproof color paint, you can transform your deck from dull and drab to vibrant and stunning. Whether you are looking to breathe new life into a weathered deck, or you just want to give it a vibrant new look, painting it with waterproof color paint is the perfect solution.
With just a few coats of paint, you can transform your outdoor space into a stylish and inviting area for you to enjoy. Not only will the paint make your deck look great, but it will also protect it from the elements. So, if you're ready to give your deck a makeover, read on to learn how to transform it with waterproof color paint.
Preparing Your Deck for Painting
Before you begin to paint your deck, there are a few things you should do to prepare it for painting.
- It is essential that you clean the deck thoroughly. If the deck surface is dirty or dusty, the paint will not adhere to it properly and may even chip off sooner than expected.
- You’ll also need to prepare the surface of the deck by ensuring that any wide cracks and holes have been filled and smoothed out.
Choosing the Right Paint
Now that your deck is clean and ready for painting, it is time to choose the right paint for the job. When choosing the right paint, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. For starters, you'll have to decide whether you want a single tone or more than one color. You'll also need to determine how much of the wateproof color deck paint you'll need to provide ample coverage. Our Liquid Rubber Polyurethane Deck Coating comes in a wide variety of colors and tones and is specially formulated to adhere to concrete decking. What's more, it's nontoxic, VOC-free and it won't harm your pets!
Applying the Paint
Once you have decided on the color/s of paint for your deck, it is now time to get to painting it. There are a few things you will need to ensure that the paint is applied properly and to your satisfaction.
- First, you want to make sure that the surface of your deck is completely clean and dry before you paint and that you have all the supplies you’ll need on hand.
- Of course, you'll need to read the factory recommendations we’ve offered on our Liquid Rubber Polyurethane Deck Coating, so you know how much of the paint you’ll need to buy for your coverage area and how much you’ll need to apply to add that color finish you’re seeking, so you can take advantage of the waterproofing and weatherproofing properties this unique formula has to offer.
- When it comes to painting your deck, you’ll want to apply two to three heavy coats of the paint. After each coat, allow the deck to dry completely (4-8 hours) before you apply the next coat. This will allow the coating to fully cure and give your deck a consistent and uniform look.
Let's Sum it All Up
When it comes to transforming your deck from drab and dull to vibrant and beautiful, there is no better way than to use waterproof color paint. Our Liquid Rubber Polyurethane Deck Coating is specially formulated to withstand the elements, including UV rays, winter and rain to give you a finished look and feel that truly makes your deck shine like it’s brand new.