Are you looking to protect and extend the life of your wooden fence? Look no further! In this comprehensive guide, we will show you step-by-step how to use Liquid Rubber Polyurethane Deck Coating to waterproof your fence. Liquid Rubber is the go-to choice for DIY enthusiasts due to its ease of use, affordability, and reliability. What's more, it is VOC-free and non-toxic, making it an excellent option for those concerned about the environment and their health.
Why Choose Liquid Rubber?
Before we dive into the process of waterproofing your fence, let's take a moment to understand why Liquid Rubber should be at the top of your list. There are several key reasons why Liquid Rubber is the best modern-day option for waterproofing your fence:
- Ease of Use: Liquid Rubber is designed with the DIYer in mind. Its simple application process makes it accessible to everyone, regardless of their level of expertise. Whether you're a seasoned DIYer or a beginner, you can achieve professional-grade results with Liquid Rubber.
- Affordability: When compared to other waterproofing options on the market, Liquid Rubber stands out for its affordability. You don't have to break the bank to protect your fence and extend its lifespan. Liquid Rubber provides excellent value for your money.
- Reliability: Liquid Rubber is known for its durability and long-lasting protection. Once applied, it forms a seamless, waterproof membrane that shields your fence from moisture, UV rays, and other damaging elements. You can have peace of mind knowing that your fence is well-protected.
- VOC-Free and Non-Toxic: One of the standout features of Liquid Rubber is its commitment to the environment and your health. Unlike many other sealants on the market, Liquid Rubber is VOC-free and non-toxic. You can use it with confidence, knowing that you're making a responsible choice.
Now that we've highlighted the top reasons to choose Liquid Rubber, let's dive into the step-by-step process of waterproofing your fence.
Before applying Liquid Rubber, it's crucial to prepare your fence properly. This ensures optimal adhesion and a long-lasting finish. Follow these steps to prepare your fence:
- Clean the Surface: Use a power washer or a scrub brush to remove dirt, grime, and any previous coatings from the fence. We advise also using Liquid Rubber Deck and Patio Cleaner, a fast-acting, tough cleaner that restores and revitalizes outdoor surfaces, eliminating stains and contamination using oxygen action. Remember, a clean surface is essential for the Liquid Rubber to adhere effectively.
- Allow the Fence to Dry: After you have cleaned and prepared the fence, allow at least 24 hours of drying time depending on the weather conditions. Ensuring the surface is dry is critical for the proper application of Liquid Rubber.
- Prime the fence for better adhesion using Liquid Rubber Multi-Purpose Primer; it works to increase bonding and provide a vapor barrier to help prevent blistering with other Liquid Rubber products.
Step 2: Apply Liquid Rubber Polyurethane Deck Coating
Now that your fence is clean and dry, it's time to apply Liquid Rubber Polyurethane Deck Coating. Follow these steps for a successful application:
- Choose the Appropriate Tools: Liquid Rubber can be applied using a microfiber roller or a brush. Select the tool that suits your preferences and the size of your fence. A microfiber roller is ideal for large, flat surfaces, while a brush is perfect for reaching corners and tight spots.
- Mix the Sealant: Before applying Liquid Rubber, stir the product up and mix evenly first. This ensures even distribution of the product and optimal performance.
- Start Applying: Dip your roller or brush into the Liquid Rubber and apply a thin, even coat to the fence. Start by moving from top to bottom of the fence with a focus on working in smaller sections for the best results.
- Tip: To avoid excessive water collection, which could harm your fence, make sure to add drainage holes.
- Allow Drying Time: After applying the first coat, allow it to dry for 24-48 hours. This drying time may vary depending on the temperature and humidity levels. Once dry, you can apply additional coats if desired. Two or three coats are typically sufficient for optimal protection.
- Inspect and Touch Up: After each coat, inspect the fence for any pinholes, blisters, or other defects. If you notice any, simply touch up those areas with additional Liquid Rubber to ensure a seamless and watertight finish.
Congratulations! You have successfully waterproofed your fence using Liquid Rubber Polyurethane Deck Coating. With proper maintenance, your fence will remain in excellent condition for years to come.
Waterproofing your fence with Liquid Rubber Polyurethane Deck Coating is a smart investment that will protect your fence and enhance its lifespan. With its ease of use, affordability, reliability, and eco-friendly properties, Liquid Rubber is the go-to choice for DIYers. By following the step-by-step process outlined in this guide, you can achieve professional-grade results and enjoy a waterproofed fence for years to come.
So, what are you waiting for? Take the necessary steps to protect your fence today and experience the peace of mind that comes with a waterproofed and well-maintained fence. Happy DIYing!
Not sure if Liquid Rubber is right for you? Contact our tech support and they can help answer your questions, and help select the right products for your project.